A brilliant cast of dancers from around the world takes the stage in these signature Festival performances. These unique gala evenings celebrate artistic collaboration and innovation, and include debuts and new partnerships by a selection of today’s foremost dancers.
The 2019 Vail Dance Festival presents a world premiere from legendary choreographer Alonzo King, with an original score by jazz pianist, composer and performance artist Jason Moran. This new work will be performed by a stellar cast of dancers drawn from King’s LINES Ballet and from New York City Ballet.Two performances only: International Evening II (8/3/2019) and NOW: Premieres (8/5/2019).
Choreography © The George Balanchine Trust. Photo by Erin Baiano.
Program & artists to be announced this summer.
$60-130, based on availability.
$27 for 18 years and older.
Children ages 13-17 are $10 and 12 and under are FREE on the lawn.
Encore Club Pass | $180
- Good for one lawn ticket to each performance at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail (9 shows total).
- Ability to purchase discounted guest lawn passes and Dance for $20.19 tickets, $25 seat upgrades and more!
- One free beverage at each performance.
Student & Faculty Lawn Pass | $75
- Good for one lawn ticket to each performance at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail (9 performances total).
- Pass-holder must be a student or faculty member with a valid ID.
$2 per ticket fee will apply and additional fees are assessed with online transactions.
Festival Fan Club
The Festival Fan Club is available year-round and includes early access ticketing for Dance for $20.18 along with other great benefits! For more information about the Fan Club contact Whitney Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Arts Access
To learn more about attending a performance through our Community Arts Access program or providing support to eliminate socioeconomic barriers to the arts, please contact Cathy Heller.