GERALD R. FORD AMPHITHEATER
Each year, the Festival fosters unique collaborations between artists of various dance genres to push the boundaries of the art form, further cementing Vail as a major incubator for new choreography. This summer, we celebrate over 100 world premiere commissions under Damian Woetzel’s visionary leadership since becoming Artistic Director in 2006.
MORE INFORMATION ON WORLD PREMIERES:
Commissions for this season include: Bobbi Jene Smith creating a new work for Sara Mearns, Caili Quan creating a new work for fellow Artist-In-Residence, Roman Mejia, and a second new work to commissioned music by Caroline Shaw, Claudia Schreier choreographing a new work to commissioned music by Conrad Tao, Pam Tanowitz choreographing to music by Kate Davis, Jodi Melnick making a new work set to commissioned music by Andreia Pinto-Correia, and a new work with details to be announced by Ephrat Asherie.
On NOW: Premieres, audiences will catch a preview of the new work by Justin Peck collaborating with bluegrass artist Chris Thile (Punch Brothers, National Public Radio) who will perform with the cast of dancers and musicians onstage. See the official premiere of Justin Peck’s new work on closing night, Dance for $20.22!
Performance time, casting, and repertory are subject to change.
Photo credit: Festival cast in Justin Peck’s Rise Wait Climb Through at the 2018 Festival. Photo by Erin Baiano.
PAVILION | $50-125
GENERAL ADMISSION LAWN | STARTING AT $27
MORE TICKETING INFORMATION:
- We are offering a number of ticket packages and offerings this year. View them HERE.
- Children 12 and under receive free admission on the lawn with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- Students and faculty may purchase discounted lawn tickets for $10 each (excludes Dance for $20.22 and performances at the Vilar Performing Arts Center).
- Ticket prices are subject to change. Price listed does not include service fees.
- Questions? Contact the Box Office at email@example.com or call 970.845.TIXS (8497)
Gates open one hour prior to showtime.