View our full calendar
GERALD R. FORD AMPHITHEATER
A celebration of the genius of choreographer George Balanchine, with an all-star cast of dancers assembled for the occasion.
Acclaimed author Jennifer Homans’ new book, Mr. B: George Balanchine’s 20th Century, has been hailed as a remarkable biography of the founder of New York City Ballet. This UpClose featuring performances of classic Balanchine repertory will be led by Balanchine ballerina Heather Watts and Festival Artistic Director Damian Woetzel, joined by Homans as a special guest. This performance will not have an intermission.
Performing excerpts from ballets by George Balanchine including Apollo, Agon, Prodigal Son, and Serenade, dancers in this special UpClose event will include:
Lauren Lovette, former New York City Ballet principal dancer
Sara Mearns, New York City Ballet principal dancer
Mira Nadon, New York City Ballet principal dancer
Tiler Peck, New York City Ballet principal dancer
Unity Phelan, New York City Ballet principal dancer
Devon Teuscher, American Ballet Theatre principal dancer
Chun Wai Chan, New York City Ballet principal dancer
Robbie Fairchild, former New York City Ballet principal dancer
Roman Mejia, New York City Ballet principal dancer
Calvin Royal III, American Ballet Theatre principal dancer
Ben Rudisin, National Ballet of Canada principal dancer
James Whiteside, American Ballet Theatre principal dancer
Book signing with Homans to follow the performance.
Generously Underwritten by Tina & David Wilson and The Carol F. Storr Endowment for Classical Ballet.
Casting and repertory are subject to change.
Photo credit: Book Cover for “Mr. B: George Balanchine’s 20th Century” by Jennifer Homans. BALANCHINE is a Trademark of The George Balanchine Trust.
Reserved Pavilion Seats | $50-105
General Admission Lawn | $30
MORE TICKETING INFORMATION:
- We are offering a number of ticket packages and offerings this year. Click HERE to view.
- Children 12 and under receive free admission on the lawn with the purchase of an adult ticket.
- Students and faculty may purchase discounted lawn tickets for $10 each (excludes Dance for $20.23 and performances at the Vilar Performing Arts Center).
- Ticket prices are subject to change. Price listed does not include service fees.
- Questions? Contact the Box Office at email@example.com or call 970.845.TIXS(8497)
Gates open one hour prior to showtime.